Check out this super easy DIY rustic wedding cupcake decoration idea!
Planning a rustic or woodland wedding in the country? Or perhaps you’re having a wedding reception in a barn or at an outdoor ranch? These rustic wedding cupcake decorations would be perfect for you. The best part? They are super easy to make and they are customizable because they are painted with chalkboard paint! You can write your initials, your monogram, your wedding date or any wedding message you’d like on the cupcake toppers.
Supplies needed for these rustic / chalkboard wedding cupcake toppers:
- chalkboard paint
- jute twine
- flat wooden coffee stirrers
- pre-cut wooden banner shapes
- fine tip white gel pen
- hot glue gun
- tea for staining the coffee stirrers a rustic color
Instructions for rustic wedding cupcake chalkboard decorations:
- Using chalkboard paint, coat both sides of the wooden banners. Let dry thoroughly.
- Write your messages or monograms onto the chalkboards using the fine tip white gel pen.
- Stain the coffee stirrers with brewed tea (soak them in the tea or wipe tea onto each stirrer until you get the desired “rustic” color). Let dry.
- Glue the chalkboards onto the top of the coffee stirrers and tie on jute twine.